We are seeking hardworking, positive and passionate individuals who love to dig into a subject and write about it. Applicants may be asked to complete a writing test. Writers will be expected to meet strict content deadlines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write in-depth stories, columns, and breaking news stories about animal welfare, human interest, and related topics.
- Develop story/column ideas and present them on a weekly basis.
- Edit, fact check, and proofread your own stories as well as others.
- Perform interviews via face-to-face, telephone and/or email.
- Must be able to provide or coordinate your own travel, if needed.
- Applicants should be able to show writing proficiency.
- Previous writing experience for school paper, blogs, etc.
- Knowledge of animal welfare is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Availability to work nights and weekends if needed to meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail and organization.
If interested, please apply.